Monday, April 18, 2011

Pesky posies

It seems many bloggers are posting pictures of beautiful spring flowers this month. Diane captured some lovely blossoms yesterday on her blog, Going to Pieces. I can’t beat those so I might as well join in. My wisteria photo was taken in my front yard today. Although the flowers are nice, they are really pesky in my life. They have climbed over my neighbor’s side of our fence and they are choking my potato vine. They are also sending tendrils through the fence boards. I’ve asked my lawn mower guys to prune them back so they won’t pull the boards apart. It is really too bad.




Wisteria brings to mind a beautiful Kona Bay fabric called Emperor Collection II – Black. The cloth isn’t just for quilts. I did a blog post about Mrs. Obama wearing a dress made from the same fabric back in 2009. The fabric is still available -- I saw it a Queen B's Quilt Shop the other day.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Collagemama said...

Love the colors even if it is a weed.

4:18 AM  
Blogger JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

A weed is any plant that grows where we don't want it - and I can understand about the wisteria getting a bit pesky. Plus if you grow it yourself you have to be constantly monitoring it so it doesn't collapse your house. The best ones I've seen are on free standing, very strong arbors in the middle of yards. :-)

7:33 AM  
Anonymous ::KNB:: said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home