Sunday, October 02, 2011

Just across the isle

When I entered church this morning I was surprised to see an orange cat walking up the center isle toward me. Then I remembered that today was the Feast of St. Francis. I learned that the cat was named Martha and she has been coming to church on St. Francis’s feast day for many, many years. Someone told me she is 14 years old. Martha sat several places in the church. She did not stay with her owners, but wandered around greeting people. However, she stayed still and attentive during the sermon.


I made a little YouTube video. You can see it if you click on the picture.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Lovely video - thank you so much!

10:59 PM  
Blogger Kats Studio said...

It's a joy to know God's house is open to all who enter.

3:14 PM  
Blogger Meggie said...

What a lovely girl Martha is. I enjoyed the video.

2:51 PM  
Blogger Christine Thresh said...

When Jack picked her up to carry her to the front of the church to get her "blessing" she dug her claws into his shirt. I don't know why she comes and is so calm and pleasant since every time she is in church she get sprinkled with water.

6:26 PM  
Blogger Del said...

You are amazing! How clever of you to make this charming video. And how smart you are to figure out how to do it. Thanks a bunch. Del

3:42 PM  
Blogger Tanya said...

Wish I could take my cats to church with me! Almost more cats then than people!

10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home