Monday, September 19, 2011

Victor's videos

 Yesterday, my grandson Victor went to my local quilt store with me and set up video equipment to film some “atmosphere” sequences. Victor came to my place to help me with a short video about quilting templates. We wanted the quilt store clips for color and eye candy to enliven the video which will have a lot of footage of work done on a green cutting mat that could be pretty dull.

He did some filming in different parts of Queen B’s Quilt Shop – one with me sorting through bolts of fabric.


I was so pleased that he was willing to take on the project. He studies video at Campolindo high school and has directed and edited several videos (available on YouTube under SuperThresh).

When he reviewed my script at home he could barely keep his yawns suppressed. He made several suggestions about parts of the script to give them a bit more life. After several hours I realized that it really was boring. I had to admit it. One segment of the script was based on my Quick Stick & Rotary Cut web page. That part had a lot more action in it. Victor was gentle with his criticism. So, we are going to meet again and film the “exciting” part.

I totally trust him to do a great job with the filming and editing because I’ve seen his work and been impressed. The latest video project is called A Life Deferred. It is about the challenges faced by upward-bound students who trade off time having fun to concentrate on their studies. You can click on the picture below to watch it.
 Victor was a darling little boy and now, at 16, he is a fine young man. I am very proud of him.
 He won an award this year from the Orinda Arts Council’s Annual Lamorinda Acalanes Union Film Festival.

He's down in front


Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

What a talented young man - how fortunate you are to have him in your life (I know you realize that) and doing your video.

4:56 PM  
Blogger Collagemama said...

How fun to collaborate on an interesting project with your grandson!

5:34 PM  
Blogger Vicky aka Stichr said...

he must be wearing his lucky sweatshirt....he has it on in all the pix.

6:06 PM  
Blogger Christine Thresh said...

I remember the day he was born. I looked into the nursery and saw him in his little clear plastic bed. His eyes were wide open and he was turning his head all around to look through the clear sides to see what was going on in the room. Then, he craned his neck and tried to look at what was going on behind him. He was alert and his eyes were tracking. All the other babies were either asleep or crying. He was wide awake looking around. It was amazing at 3 hours old.

I wish I'd had a video camera, but portable ones didn't exist way back 16 years ago.

9:43 PM  
Blogger meg said...

Congratulations to your talented Grandson. Good Luck for his future.

9:45 PM  
Anonymous Sugariness Sims said...

Hi thanks for postinng this

5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home