Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Hot and cold

I could not jam any more stuff in my freezer so I had to defrost the refrigerator today. It’s been two years. The hair dryer is a handy tool. The old method of putting a pot of hot water into the freezer was very slow. I now have a clean kitchen floor because that got all wet today, too.
Now I have to go shopping to fill up the freezer again. I tossed a lot of old stuff that had been in there too long. I’ll cook up some more freezable meals so I can enjoy no-cooking nights. I love leftovers. My marinara sauce looks tempting. I need a big carton of vanilla ice cream.
The sky looked interesting tonight so I snapped a picture.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger black bear cabin said...

i remember having to do that with my moms freezer all the time...and she always told us to do the hot pot of water too. I like the hair dryer method much better! we always used to find all kinds of crazy things shoved in the back of the freezer when we were done :) enjoy the clean space!

9:26 PM  
Blogger JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

I love a clean freezer - and a wonderful sunset picture.

One time Don's aunt was impatient with the defrosting so she jabbed at the ice with a butcher knife - then she had to shop for a new fridge.

10:29 PM  
Blogger Collagemama said...

Thanks for the laugh. I can get all wet washing the vegetable crisper drawers, too.

11:06 PM  
Blogger Paula, the quilter said...

This is something I need to do. The only thing in my big freezer is a turkey breast. I need to defrost so I can order a quarter of beef. Chores, never-ending.

7:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home