Friday, August 19, 2011

Dining out

 Don’t those people at the round table look pleasant? They are. They are my relatives. My brother-in-law Butch and his wife Virginia drove down from Nevada City, and my son Davis and his wife Toni came up from San Jose. Jess and Sylvia drove east from Oakland and we all met at Cap’s Oak Street Bar & Grill in Brentwood last night.

We had a lot of catching up to do. I missed the family gathering in Nevada City in July because the memorial service for my friend Bev was held on that same day.

Toni brought a quilt she had just quilted for Sylvia. The quilt is going to be given to a young foster daughter of another cousin this Saturday. The quilt is just darling with its flip-flops and suns. Sylvia is going to put on the binding today. I admired the fun, bright colors Sylvia had used and the marvelous quilting Toni did on her long-arm machine. (You can click on the photo to see more details.)



Toni
The food was great and I was treated to my dinner. Thank you all.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

What a fun outing - getting together with family is always at treat. The quilt is so bright and fun!

7:07 AM  
Blogger BrendaLou said...

keeping up with family is the best! I think of you often and glad to hear when you blog (I'm hanging my head in shame for taking nearly the entire summer off from blogging).

12:44 PM  
Blogger Meggie said...

I won't add my cents worth, but suffice to say, there some hairy monents when we had no idea where out next meal would come fro.

5:26 AM  
Blogger Meggie said...

I can't understand my last comment- it would seem to be an answer to one of yours on my post?
Love the bright quilt, am sure it will be loved.

2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home