Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanks is good for you

The New York Times ran an article on the health and well-being benefits of gratitude -- A Serving of Gratitude May Save the Day. See this link.
“Cultivating an ‘attitude of gratitude’ has been linked to better health, sounder sleep less anxiety and depression, higher long-term satisfaction with life and kinder behavior toward others, including romantic partners.”
I had a lovely day yesterday. My neighbor, Mary, and I shared Thanksgiving. She brought white turkey meat and I roasted a turkey thigh (she doesn't like dark meat and I love it). I cooked dressing, mashed potatoes, and peas; and she brought gravy and cranberry sauce. The meal together was just what we both wanted so we didn’t have to get on the road and travel any distance.

I am grateful and I feel very healthy after a good night’s sleep.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Wonderful post and wonderful that you had just the perfect Thanksgiving dinner together.

That article is great - and I'm thankful for friends like you!

10:39 AM  
Blogger BrendaLou said...

I'm glad you and Mary had the day together. I think sharing meals with neighbors is such a wonderful thing. Too many people don't even know their neighbors' names any more. Hugs to you!

1:13 PM  
Blogger Collagemama said...

An attitude of gratitude and a good walk with Mother Earth made my day. Thanks for your post.

7:08 PM  
Blogger Del said...

I'm glad you had a lovely Thanksgiving. Corky and I enjoyed each other's company and an afternoon nap. Such a sweet little guy he is.

12:44 AM  
Blogger Meggie said...

What a nice meal you shared.

1:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home