Thursday, November 10, 2011

This looks beautiful (to me)

 It may not look beautiful to you, but it means I’ll be snug as a bug in a rug this winter. This is the new insulation under my house. It went in yesterday and tonight my feet are warm. I’m fortunate to have two thoughtful sons. My youngest son and his boys brought the rigid insulation boards and did some preliminary work at the end of October (click here). It was pretty complicated work going around all the ducting and pipes under the house so we decided a carpenter was necessary for the job.

My older son, Rob (click here) had a job assignment near my home this week. He has a good friend, Richard, in the area who is a skilled carpenter. Rob had him come out to my house and look at the work to be done. Richard arrived early yesterday morning and worked until after dark to put up the insulation. I am so pleased. Rob cleaned up the debris under the house last night. I took a photo, but you’ll have to look very hard to see him under there.


I am a lucky mom.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Collagemama said...

This is a true Thanksgiving story! I'm glad you have warm toes and thoughtful sons.

5:19 AM  
Blogger Kats Studio said...

God for you, warm is always better than cold. I love living in Tennessee but I don't like the cold winter months.

8:03 AM  
Blogger JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Oh how wonderful to have warm toes - and such great family and friends.

9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home