Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Oh Woe is Me

My hard drive crashed last Thursday. We called Juan Caballero of Delta Computer Troubleshooters and he came and took it away. We had a chance to dust under the desk. Juan managed to recover some of the files, but not all of them.
We now have a new 232 GB hard drive in the same old box. I am working slowly to restore what I can. All the files in my accounting program are totally gone. I have to re-enter all of my invoices and purchases from January 1, 2007 to date. Most of the pattern files were recovered.
We had subscribed to a backup service – Mozy.com but they were unable to help us recover any of the data. What a waste of money. We are going to buy a backup storage device now.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Tanya Brown said...

Sorry for the late response to this; I saw your note in my comments the other day.

I am so sorry about all of this. What a nightmare!

Do you ever send out pattern files to customers in digital format? If so, I wonder if a past customer would help you recover some of the designs that were lost?

9:35 AM  
Blogger Dawn's Daily Journal said...

Boy, what a pain for you!!! Sorry that happened.
dawn

9:01 PM  
Blogger QuiltingFitzy said...

Unfortunately we all learn your lesson one second too late!

Good luck.

5:46 PM  
Blogger Christine Thresh said...

Things are looking up today, Thursday, May 17. I recovered all my pattern files!
I do have to re-enter all the business stuff, but it is possible with my good paper records.
I don't know what lesson there is to learn. I thought I was protected by the remote backup service I bought and used every night. However, they could not help me. Don't go with Mozy.com.

8:14 PM  
Blogger Christine Thresh said...

Thanks for your sympathy.

Dawn,
I'll be checking in on your blog to see what's going on in your part of the world. I could not find any way to send you an e-mail.

Christine

4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home