Friday, April 06, 2007

Not Granny's Double Wedding Ring Quilt

I love this! It brings to mind the bamboo forests of China. Somehow I’m going to incorporate a Panda. I picked up the fresh greens March 21 and started making circles. To show how the circles can be placed on striped fabric (no curved piecing, no “melons” or “footballs”) I went back to my LQS and found this marvelous fabric.
It is Robert Kaufman’s “Portraits of the Wild,” screen print D# 4235. I only bought two yards so I’d better go back before they sell out.
For non-quilt aficionados, here is a photo (above) of the vintage Double Wedding Ring quilt we have on our bed.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Jules said...

I love the green circles on the bamboo. Even before I read your post, I thought of panda bears.

2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home