Saturday, March 31, 2007

Pondering Paper Pieced People

I’ve had foundation patterns for people waiting around in my computer for a couple of years. I have two sizes – 1” = 1’, and some 150% larger. I really want to get the patterns out, but they need testing. Marilyn Poole tested the man and woman (above left) and I have my free little woman pattern on the web.

I’m trying to figure out how to do a “virtual swap” online. I can send out Draft printed paper foundations by snail mail to participants. They could send scans of their completed people to me for posting on a web page. That might work. We would know if the patterns work. I am thinking of asking for family groups – traditional, non-traditional, or deliberate (mom, dad, kids; grandmother and kids; dad, dad and kids; mom and kids; commune; empty nesters; school class: and so forth.)

Someone wrote to me yesterday and asked if I had a paper pieced bride and groom pattern. I don't, yet.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Tanya Brown said...

I've been meaning to say how I admire your paper pieced designs. I found myself over on your commercial site somehow and found, wonder of wonder, patterns for dogs and bras. You're very busy and very clever.

5:27 PM  
Blogger Vicky aka Stichr said...

I'd like to give it a go, I can make a family up for some Holiday blocks I tested for Marcia a few years back, and get a whole top made! Yipee.

9:01 AM  
Blogger QuiltingFitzy said...

I'm in!

Doesn't a digital pic work if sent in jpg format, rather than a scan?
Just wondering. (Also don't know if my scanner is functional!)

We're empty nesters, but they ALL are darling!

9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home