Thursday, December 13, 2007

Okay, I Do Need a Hand

So I am holding a CONTEST to help me rearrange my sewing area and pattern production area. Yes, a CONTEST with real prizes. I’ve set up the contest page so click on those red words to go to it.

Quite frankly, I am stumped. I’m in a rut and cannot see any possible solution. The area has been just about the same for 14 years. More stuff keeps coming in, but the space has not grown. (Did you see that Oprah program about hoarders? – I never watch Oprah. Oh no.)
Do you suppose I could have too much stuff? I’ve been doing an inventory and have found 13 sewing machines upstairs. And, then there are three more downstairs – Singer treadle, parlor treadle, and the Sitchwell hand crank. Not to mention a couple of toy machines which are too small to count. Fabric just keeps coming through the door almost on its own accord.
Please check out http://www.winnowing.com/2ndfloor.html

See the previous two posts (December 8 and December 3) to see how this all started.

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger The Calico Cat said...

I would love a non-electric machine...

(I should rummage those "antique/junque" shops in Lancaster County, PA...)

11:58 AM  
Blogger Christine Thresh said...

I used to love rummaging in junque shops and found some treasures. But, let my situation today be a lesson to you.

12:20 PM  
Blogger meggie said...

Those machines! I thought I was bad.. I still have 3, & I gave one away, & sold one.
Which is really ludicrous since I dont seem to be sewing these days.

12:43 PM  
Blogger Sheri said...

Thirteen Sewing machine?? That's a lot:)I have four and my husband can't understand why anyone needs more than one. Hey, we need back ups right?
Sheri

2:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You can do it!

3:29 PM  
Blogger Del said...

Looks like a Herculean task and something which I find very difficult. I've even thought of hiring one of those planning/organizing companies to come and help me dig out of my hole. Good luck with this.

10:36 AM  
Blogger Christine Thresh said...

Del,
It is a huge task, that's why I asked for help. I've had some amazing responses so far. People are asking me very pertinent questions about various objects. I've also been asked about my work patterns and preferences. Others have asked if they can tear down walls. Most of the walls are load bearing except one little small one. Due to public demand I am going to get rid of the roll-around bed and list it on FreeCycle today. I was told that an inflatable bed is more easily stored and much more comfortable. That makes sense.

What fun this is.
I'd thought about calling in professional organizers, but realized they would want to throw out lots of fabric and probably 10 sewing machines. Quilters are responding with understanding.

12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home