Tuesday, December 18, 2007

A Peculiar Meeting with a Quilter

It was a dark and rainy day yesterday. I met someone that I’ve only known from reading her blog. She happened to be visiting in our area and we met at my favorite local quilting store. The store wasn’t in its regular location but had mysteriously moved to a mall set on rolling hills. She looked much more stern and grouchy than I’d imagined her from her blog postings. We wandered around in the store together and she turned up her nose at most of the fabric on display. She said, “I hate this stuff. There isn’t any decent fabric here.”

At this point, I noticed that I was wearing my pink bathrobe. I told my quilter “friend” that we could go to another store nearby which carried stuff that I didn’t like, so it was sure to please her. I left to go get my car and slipped down the leaf strewn wet sidewalk. When I looked at my feet I realized that I was wearing pink flip flops with huge pink plastic flowers decorating the straps.

I brought the car back to the trendy coffee place next door to the quilt shop. She was sitting outside in the mist and sipping a huge foamy mug of something. “Let’s get going,” I said in a loud voice.

“Wake up, wake up,” said my DH. “We have to get the house picked up before the cleaning ladies arrive.”

I don’t own any flip flops, pink or any other color. Dreams are peculiar.

Labels: ,

15 Comments:

Blogger Del said...

I'd love to meet you at your favorite quilt shop, fantasy or otherwise, but the pink robe and flip flops would be a turn-off!Besides, I'm not stern and grouchy - at least I try not to be! :o))

12:36 PM  
Blogger Christine Thresh said...

Del,
You were not the quilter I met in my dream.
Let's meet sometime and I'll report on it.

12:55 PM  
Blogger sophie said...

I read this earlier today at work and it made me laugh out loud. What a funny dream . . . and when you see your Pay It Forward gift for you, you'll see why *I* found it particularly funny, in a woo-woo-psychic premonition sort of way ;-)

2:27 PM  
Blogger Christine Thresh said...

Sophie,
I wonder what you are going to send me? I'm looking forward to a mysterious gift.

7:21 PM  
Blogger Gerrie said...

I was sure it was me and I had made it in to your dream, somehow. In real time, it would be nothing like that.

7:32 PM  
Blogger Christine Thresh said...

No, no it wasn't you Gerrie.

I'd love to meet you sometime. I admire your art.

8:00 PM  
Blogger meggie said...

I laughed at this dream. I hope it wasn't me! She sounds a bit grumpy.
I have very vivid dreams, & am often very relieved to wake & find it was only a dream after all!

8:17 PM  
Blogger Christine Thresh said...

Meggie,

No, it wasn't you. But, now that I think about it, perhaps the quilter was upset about my outfit. I didn't live up to her expectations. Maybe we will meet some day and I won't wear a pink bathrobe.

8:55 PM  
Blogger sophie said...

Ok, I'll admit it . . . I, too, wondered if I was the quilter in your dream?

When/if we ever meet, I think we should BOTH wear pink bathrobes and embellished flipflops ;-)

3:26 AM  
Blogger Christine Thresh said...

Sophie, I look forward to meeting you (wearing my pink bathrobe and flipflops). I didn't meet you in my dream.

8:50 AM  
Blogger Sew Create It - Jane said...

LOL - you had me completely convinced this was a real story until I read you were wearing your bath robe...and then I had to go back to the start..thinking I must have missed something...I can be so gullible!!

11:15 AM  
Blogger Tanya Brown said...

Hmph. Well, if the silly cow couldn't appreciate the fabric or the pink bathrobe, it's just as well you didn't waste any more dream time on her.

She was probably just covetous of the flip flops.

12:15 PM  
Blogger Sheri said...

What an interesting, strange dream. So much fun to read about.
Sheri

6:19 PM  
Blogger sophie said...

Sheri's comment made me realize what a vivid dream that was . . . I guess you dream in color, too, lucky woman ;-)

6:10 AM  
Blogger Vicky aka Stichr said...

I was hooked too, even after reading you were in your pink bathrobe, but I figured it out when I got to the flip flop part...don't know why that would be a giveaway, when "I looked down and saw I was wearing pink high-heeled Eva Gabor fuzzy topped slippers" would have been the real giveaway~!!

I guess shopping in a bathrobe doesn't seem strange to me...

12:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home