Saturday, April 19, 2008

Quilting again!!!

I read this on Teresa’s blog: “I have made a deal with myself. I sort for an hour or so, then sew for two hours or so. I am making progress.”
That seemed like such a good idea, so now I’m now determined to sort for a couple of hours and then quilt for a couple of hours instead of continuing sorting stuff day after day. I have the design/office almost finished and the sewing “studio” more than halfway in order.

I fired up my QuiltPro program and began the quilt I started imagining in January. This morning I was able to drape some fabric over the screen to try out some colors.
Nothing I have in my new fabric storage cupboards is exactly right (wouldn’t you know). I printed out a swatch/yardage list and I’m going to head for the fabric store to pick out the “right” colors.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you. Glad to have inspired you!

11:26 AM  
Blogger jpsam said...

My so-called studio looks like a bomb went off! I think this is a good plan. I must have some reward for good behavior!

What about the quilt with the figures in bed?

joan

1:56 PM  
Blogger Christine Thresh said...

This IS the quilt for the figures in bed. The quilt will go over them. I'll just show little dribs and drabs until the whole thing is finished. At least I'm started.

2:34 PM  
Blogger Tanya Brown said...

The good news is that because you've reorganized your studio, you can determine that you need more fabric much for efficiently than before!

8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home