Sunday, June 29, 2008

My dirty laundry in public

I am so happy to be washing my dirty laundry today! That may seem odd, but there is a good reason and a back-story. I have not had the energy to tackle the big build-up until today.

Way back in mid-May, I think I was attacked by some tomatoes (or something else). Robert and I and a friend went out to lunch at a local restaurant and the three of us got very sick in the next few days. Oh, my dear.
Robert and our friend recovered after almost two weeks. I felt better, and then the whole thing struck me again in early June. Ugh. Dear Robert soldiered on and shopped for groceries and kept fixing meals (very bland ones for me). He was so good.

However, the whole ordeal had a bright side. When I was sick it seemed unnecessary to take a medication that I’ve been taking every day for over five years (a diuretic) for high blood pressure.

I noticed that my left foot felt much better than it had in years. When I was finally well enough to go to the doctor I told him about this phenomenon. I had done some research online and learned about peculiar side effects of diuretics. He immediately put two and two together and said the medication was probably causing gout.
Wow. He told me to stop taking the pills. What a blessing!

That’s why I am happy to be doing laundry today. Robert is pleased too. I’ll get back to my walking program as soon as the gray skies (from the California wild fires) clear up.

Labels: , , , , ,


Blogger Tanya Brown said...

Glad to hear that you're on the mend. I've been concerned.

8:50 PM  
Blogger QuiltingFitzy said...

It's important we listen to our bodies!!

I've been off the nut as well, just can't seem to march to the same tunes anymore.

I'm happy you've gotten your game back, it's a grand feeling!


4:55 AM  
Blogger Jeanne Turner McBrayer said...

So glad you are all feeling better. Sounds like you had a very rough go of it.

6:23 AM  
Blogger meggie said...

So glad you are on the mend. It can be a very dangerous risk, eating out. There is a hideous story here, the man died. I think it must have surely been food poisoning, to have lasted so long.
Glad you are off that drug too.

3:06 PM  
Blogger blackbearcabin said...

So happy to hear you are doing better! My father in law has been battling ecoli...he picked it up eating seafood at a restaurant about 5 months ago and he is still taking meds to recover from it! Glad your recovery is going much quicker! :)

10:15 PM  
Blogger Vicky aka stichr said...

Yes, even laundry can seem wonderful!

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home