Monday, June 23, 2008

Stuff wears out

The moment you finish one big project in your house you find something else that has to be re-done immediately. The office/design studio/sewing room was finished last month and now the stair runner has to be replaced.
Only 25 years and it’s worn out already! We know we have to replace it fast before we start tripping. I searched the world on the internet looking for a replacement wool runner
I sent off for two samples. The one I liked best is called “Chatham – Turkey Red” (click to see the page and other designs) by Roger Oates in the UK. Of course it costs $1,000 more than the China wool runners I saw. Oh, well.
It is going to be shipped from England to Elte in Toronto, Canada, then to California.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger black bear cabin said...

the projects never stop! sometimes, you almost create more, by doing any :)

my bathroom has remained untouched for that very reason :)

good luck!

11:07 PM  
Blogger meggie said...

Hopefully no falls before the installation.
I am terrified of our stairs. I have a knee that needs replacing, & I am so slow at navigating my way up & down.

7:54 PM  
Blogger Sheri said...

Love the stair runner. Very nice. We need one too since we had our wood floors refinished. I'll have find a cheaper one though. I'm sure it's worth it but DH is too tight with a buck he'd never go for $ 1,000 one. LOL
Sheri

8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home