Thursday, July 03, 2008

Found a book by Virginia Hedrick

Thanks to the comments on my post yesterday I learned that Virginia Hedrick, the inventor of my quilt frame, is still active at quilt shows in southern California. She wrote a book called Quilt Savvy about hand quilting.
I found it on Amazon.com and ordered it. Click on the picture of the book cover for more information.

A review of the book said, “If you didn't have the chance to learn quiltmaking at your grandmother's knee, Quilt Savvy: Hand Quilting is the perfect place to start. Rusty Hedrick is also known as Virginia Hedrick. …Active in the quilting community and demonstrating quilting at quilt shows, Rusty is always willing to share her knowledge of the art."

I’ll let you know what I think of the book when it arrives.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger meggie said...

I greatly admire handquilting, & would love to be able to master the art. I think I am too impatient, & somewhat untidy. I handquilted hearts in the centre of the Raspberry Ripple fearture blocks. They sure have a rustic look!

1:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home