Friday, December 19, 2008

Flashback Friday -- Snow memories

Yesterday, shivering in the 40 degree Fahrenheit cold, I thanked my lucky stars that I wasn’t putting up with snow as our friends on the east coast are. Snow is pretty, but I have been a California girl since 1946. Here is a picture of our house in Slingerlands, NY.
I found this current picture of the house on Google. It looks much the same, but they have added a little entry cover on the front. The trees have grown.
Here is another snapshot from long ago: My father wrote on the back, “A last fling on the Christmas skis before leaving for California. Chris is a winter sports enthusiast. February 10, 1946 just before leaving the Empire State.”

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Warty Mammal said...

Wow. Quite a few more trees there!

8:21 PM  
Blogger meggie said...

How wonderful to find your old house, still standing & not too different!
You do look cute on the skis!

10:31 PM  
Blogger jpsam said...

Hasn't it been cold! We've had some mornings of 30. There was snow in Tilden Park but I didn't get up there to take some pictures.
joan

3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home