Friday, March 13, 2009

Miscellanea

This picture hangs in my sewing room. It is called “Trees in Spain” by Madeline Thresh. I think she painted it in the 1960s. I loved it when I first saw it in her studio. She gave it to us and we had it hanging in the house for several years. One day she dropped by and took the painting back and “fixed” it. I didn’t like her changes, but she thought it looked better.

Elements in it might make an interesting quilt.

On the heart quilt project, I think I have found the solution. They tessellate almost the way I want them to. No "Y" seams either.

Copyright 2009 Christine Thresh

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Vicky aka Stichr said...

Jump for Joy! Love the hearts Christine! And the painting...don't you just love having family pictures around?

12:04 PM  
Blogger sophie said...

I like the painting and definitely see some quilty design possibilities there . . . but look at those hearts, you brilliant woman. Eureka, you found the answer. Already !!!

5:11 PM  
Blogger meggie said...

So glad your hearts have come together!
I thought the painting was a quilt until I read about it.

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home