Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Bathroom dreams

Last week, on the second day of our struggle to clear out our bathroom sink drain I almost gave up. I thought the sink overflow was permanently rusted shut and we would have to buy a new sink to replace the old one.

I went searching on the web to find a replacement sink. After looking at hundreds and hundreds of sinks and vanities I came across one I loved. It is called Catania Modern Bathroom Pedestal Sink. And it was on Sale for only $699.99 (regular price $2,450.00).

If we bought the sink it would mean a complete re-do of our bathroom – out with the plain toilet – it would not look good next to this modern sculpture. The walls would have to be refinished after tearing out our old 1925 Kohler wall hung sink. New chrome fixtures would be needed, too.

But what about our old claw-foot tub? I didn’t want to give that up. Cast iron tubs hold their heat and I’ve had many a long soak in that comfortable, long tub. We have an on demand water heater so we can run hot water for hours on end.

Bathing by Robert Lakstagala
That’s not me in the tub. Paula the Quilter had the tub picture on her blog the other day. Click on the picture to read her post about it.

Of course, on the third day of frantic work on our sink, the clog disintegrated and everything started flowing again. No new sink is necessary so there will not be a bathroom makeover around here.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Great sink - but I'm with you on the old bath tub - soaking is wonderful!

11:36 AM  
Blogger Christine Thresh said...

Ha, Ha! I read your comment as "I am with you IN the old bathtub."

12:20 PM  
Blogger Collagemama said...

Thinking about a bathroom makeover is lots more fun than doing one!

4:48 AM  
Blogger Meggie said...

Well darn it! I thought a bathroom makeover might shake the Blahs!
We are having massive blahs. OUr aircon has died- one more time. OUr Tv died, so a new one was purchased. What will the 3rd calamity bring???

12:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home