Sunday, November 15, 2009

That sink-ing feeling

Life has been pretty dull around here. There has been nothing to blog about.

Our big project this week was cleaning out our bathroom sink drain. It took three days. We poured vinegar and baking soda in and then used various things to poke into the overflow area. We got some chemical called CLR (calcium, lime, rust) and poured that in. We got a bottle brush thing and Robert used that too. A lot of plunger work and suddenly it started to flow again. Whoopee!

Now I have to get busy with Brasso and shine up the faucets.

I made a block to celebrate this momentous occasion. It is called Old Sink.

If you would like to make a 4-inch paper pieced pedestal sink block, click on the small graphic below and print out you own copy of the foundation for personal use.


Let’s hope something more interesting happens tomorrow to inspire a new block-a-day. (I have not made one since my sandal block on October 16.)

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

I just knew you would come up with a block for this ocassion. Very cute -and glad things are running smoothly again.

4:10 PM  
Blogger Deborah said...

What beautiful blue walls that I noticed you carried over into the block!

6:38 AM  
Blogger Meggie said...

We had that sinking feeling recently.
Did you get my email giving you 5 words? I could resend it if you like?

3:27 PM  
Blogger Vicky aka Stichr said...

How about a toilet next? Not to unplug....to paper piece!

11:29 PM  
Blogger Christine Thresh said...

Vicky,

I do have a pattern for a toilet, but who would want to do it?

7:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home