Monday, January 11, 2010

Good enough

Here it is, the 11th of January, and I finally put my word for the year – GOOD -- up on the wall over my computer.

I hope it will remind me to think about what I am doing every day. The Quiltart list had a discussion about words to inspire you for a year. These are not New Year’s Resolutions, but themes for the year. I hope I will examine my actions and motivations this year and ask myself, “Is this good for you? Is this good for the community and the world?”

Gerrie Congdon and Terry Grant made very nice banners for their words and put them up on the second and third days of January. Terry’s word is “thrive” and Gerrie’s word is “bliss.” Click on the little images below and see their quilted banners on their blogs.






When I saw their pieces I wanted to make one for my wall. However, I found myself trying to copy their styles. I tried out all sorts of fabric and typefaces and nothing worked for me. I finally concluded that I’d just have to do something plain and simple.
I printed my word on plain white fabric and quilted around the letters. I used French knots in the background and I credit Terry for that idea. Last August she used French knots in one of her “doodly” pieces and I tucked the idea in the back of my mind (click on the red word and see it).
Now, I’m all set for this new year.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Gerrie said...

I like how you did this in your own style.!! GOOD job!! LOL

12:20 PM  
Blogger JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

You done good!!!! :-) I like your style!

6:22 PM  
Blogger Warty Mammal said...

Very nicely done!

I should go read the archive of the discussion before I make mine about something totally inappropriate.

9:19 PM  
Anonymous Jackie said...

When I first saw your wall hanging, I saw "Go God".

9:23 AM  
Blogger Meggie said...

Very nicely done! I had a word chosen, but it seems to have slipped my tiny mind!

10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home