Friday, January 15, 2010

Up close and personal

Gerrie Congdon’s “Indigo Moons” postcard arrived in my mail box yesterday. She sent it along with a book I wanted. Isn’t it lovely? You can click on the picture to see it larger.

I love to look at quilts on the web, but seeing them in person is so much better. I can hold Gerrie’s card in my hand and absorb all the details – the special hand-dyed fabric, the machine and hand stitching. You can feel a real connection with the artist knowing that her hands touched the piece.

Gerrie has a website with a slide show of some of her quilts. It is called Gericondesigns.com. Go there and enjoy the slide show, and while you are there click on the left sidebar “Postcards” to see more of her little treasures.

I am going to pin “Indigo Moons” up on my wall so I can enjoy it every day.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Deborah said...

I love the movement and color!

2:21 PM  
Blogger sophie said...

What a wonderful little piece. I see the moon crossing the sky behind the trees through the night. I know you'll treasure it.

I completely connected with your comments about the up close and personal enjoyment of quilts today because I also received a little quilt in the mail today. Lucky us ;-)

3:37 PM  
Blogger Gerrie said...

I am so happy to hear your comments about my little moon piece. It is in a happy place.

6:09 PM  
Blogger Terry Grant said...

I have one of Gerrie's "Indigo Moons" hanging next to my front door. Wonderful, aren't they?

8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home