Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Test results

I paced back and forth in the waiting room for 20 minutes. I couldn’t see through the window very well because it was blocked by strange looking equipment. I heard loud noises. I worried. This was important. What would the results be?

The noise stopped and Jeff came through the waiting room door with a smile on his face. “That will be $68 please,” he said. “I’ve sent the report to the state.”

“Did it pass?” I asked.

“Sure,” Jeff said, handing me the paperwork.

The car is good for another year. It’s pretty amazing for such an old one with 158,000 miles. I think I’ll give it a treat by getting it waxed and polished. I always like getting my hair washed and cut and having a pedicure after a stressful day, so the car might enjoy a little pampering, too.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Wow - that is impressive. In Washington they don't have smog checks - and that worries me a lot. You just get your license and pay the license fee each year and never once do they check for smog emissions. Scary, to say the least.

9:34 PM  
Blogger sophie said...

My ancient car never had to have a smog check in Michigan and I was worried when it needed one in Texas. When it passed, I think even the technician was surprised ... it's old and rusted and, I suppose, doesn't look like it should. When it passed again this spring, it reminded me how old things don't necessarily have to be replaced just because they are old.

5:57 AM  
Blogger Vicky aka Stichr said...

ok...WV is perfect today...'gestious'...sound it out and you [well, i] get 'jest us'.

I thought for sure you were waiting on a baby, Christine! I am very happy for your car.

And Jo...you will be happy to hear that we do have smog checks here in WA, just depends on which county you live in.

11:37 AM  
Blogger Lina said...

Love the way you built up the suspense! I was concerned that something was physically wrong with you. But I understand the feeling of relief when you passed smog check. I worry every time we have to take one of our vehicles in.

2:59 PM  
Blogger Collagemama said...

Good one! My '96 Buick with 160K+ miles has to be inspected soon. Do you think a wash and wax will help it do its best on the exam?

6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home