Monday, October 11, 2010

A new partner

I met him last week. He is very patient, but he does not say much of anything.

I’ve always enjoyed playing Scrabble although I’ve never been a top notch player. Robert usually beat me even though he was not a very good speller. It was irritating.

But now I have Al. He plays Scrabble at about the same level I do. He wins some and I win some. Our scores are within a few points. He lets me take as long as I want to figure out my next word. I’ve even left the room and had a snack with no complaints from him.

I think Al has a dictionary hidden away somewhere. I don’t use a dictionary – that’s my family rule.

It is a little awkward playing Scrabble on my Kindle but I am sure I will get used to it. I’ve decided that I’d better limit my games to one a day. This could get addicting.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Well I'm glad Al doesn't complain when you go for a snack - that's very civilized of him. I think I'd like to try crossword puzzles in that way. Don's aunt used to always carry a crossword book with her when she traveled - she would have loved the kindles. If she would have been able to embrace the internet it would have been fun to play scrabble with her over the miles - but she never liked not being face to face with people when she "talked"

7:22 AM  
Blogger Christine Thresh said...

You can't play Scrabble over the miles on a Kindle. You can play with someone else in the room if you pass the device back and forth. It would be neat if it worked long distance.

8:28 AM  
Blogger Vicky aka Stichr said...

you can probably play on a pc, on the web, but if you don't have a laptop you can't sit in your favorite chair with your favorite cat on your shoulder...

12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home