Monday, March 29, 2010

A nice day out

A delicious lunch and finding the “perfect” fabric at a nearby quilt shop made my day.

Rick’s on Second Street in Antioch is a very nice lunch spot. I met my new friend, Bev, at Rick’s today. The little restaurant serves delicious sandwiches and great soup. You can order a half sandwich and a cup of soup. That to me is the perfect combination.

You need a reservation for this popular, cozy place. In the picture above, note the turquoise plastic bag carried by one of the patrons. That bag comes from my favorite quilt shop – Queen B’s Quilt Shop – just a half block away.

Bev is a quilter, but she had other errands to do today so I wandered down to Queen B’s by myself. I was welcomed like a long, lost friend. (I have not been there in quite a while, but it is a place where everyone knows your name.)

I’ve been working on my QuiltArt 15th Anniversary challenge and have the middle part almost completed. However, I needed some “floor” and “ceiling” fabric to finish my scene. I’ve been contemplating dyeing some fabric in gradations to fill my need. This seemed a daunting task for an inexperienced dyer.

Much to my delight I found the very fabric I’d been imagining right in the store. It is McKenna Ryan’s “Silent Inspirations” by Hoffman California International Fabrics. So I took my own turquoise plastic bag filled with fabric home with me.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Del said...

What a cozy looking spot. When I ever get to meet you can we go there and then visit Queen B's?
It will happen one of these days!

10:32 PM  
Blogger JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Sounds like a great day out. Can't wait to see your project.

11:41 AM  
Blogger Sheri said...

Sounds like a lovely day!

1:01 PM  
Blogger Deborah said...

Sounds like you had a great day! Cool turquoise bag.

2:02 PM  
Blogger Meggie said...

The perfect combination. A quilt shop and delicious lunch.

3:49 PM  
Blogger black bear cabin said...

lunch with a friend and a turquoise bag...sounds like the perfect day to me! love those fabrics you scored by the way! :)

8:16 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

Hmm... and I spent Monday inside, teaching and doing paperwork. I think you may have had more fun...

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home