Thursday, August 11, 2011

Peripatetic posies

A nice idea that missed its target. A bucket of birthday flowers was supposed to surprise my son Davis at his desk yesterday. However, I messed up. I ordered the bouquet on Tuesday from a Redwood City florist for delivery on Wednesday at his place of work.

I called my son yesterday to wish him a happy birthday. We chatted for a while and I sort of hinted around about a delivery of something. That’s when I learned that his office was in San Jose, not Redwood City where I’d sent the flowers. His company has several Bay Area locations. I’ve never visited him at work and somehow I’d missed the fact that he had moved to the San Jose office twelve years ago. Oh dear. I had to tell him about the surprise flowers so he could call the other office and let them know they were coming to the wrong place. There is a courier service between all the offices so I am sure he will get the flowers today.

It’s the thought that counts, I hope.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

What a lovely bunch of para..., pata,...patheti,... pretty posies.

Jackie

5:05 PM  
Blogger JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Let's hear it for the couriers. Hope his birthday was wonderful!

8:27 PM  
Blogger sophie said...

I'm glad that alls well that ends well and the flowers found their way to where they needed to be.

Thanks for the vocabulary lesson--I confess, I had to look up the word peripatetic.

10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home