Thursday, February 09, 2012

Lists

I have a to-do list. Yesterday, some important items were taken care of by Tom and his working partner, Jerry.


Fix propane pipe leak.
Level stove.
Put window-wash stuff in the car.
Pound down nails on back porch.
Seal main waste (sewer) pipe.
Fix powder room toilet paper roll holder.
Mail quilted diaper-changing pad to Emerson.
Finish my Word for the year banner.
I was feeling very unhappy and discouraged about the roof leak last week, but learned it can be monitored and taken care of.


This week there were new leaks – under the house.

When Tom and Jerry were sealing gaps in the insulation a while back they smelled propane gas. They did the soap test and found a leak in the pipe. (I wonder how long that has been leaking? My propane bill has been outlandish this winter.) Yesterday T & J bought new pipe parts – elbow, union, 2 nipples, and sealer. I left the house to get my hair cut while they were underneath sawing and pounding. When I returned home we tested the stove burners, the water heater, the clothes dryer, and the furnace – they all came back on.

While T & J were wandering around under the house they saw water (or worse) seeping out of the main sewer waste pipe. They fixed that leak with some sort of sealer.

The toilet paper roll holder in the powder room has been wobbly since it was put in by my dear brother-in-law and my son. Every so often the holder has come apart when someone pulls sheets off the roll. It was startling. Now, thanks to Jerry the holder is firmly in place.

My stove top wasn’t level, and when I cooked an egg in a fry pan it always slid to the back of the pan. Tom leveled the range yesterday afternoon and my eggs should cook in the center of my pan from now on.

On their way out the back door, they pounded down the nails on the porch deck so I won’t trip.

And, they put the window-wash stuff in my car before they left. (I could have done that myself, but I was not sure which pipe to fill under the hood. Now I know.)

I’m starting a new list.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Collagemama said...

I like your list, especially the lopsided fried eggs. A situation like that would have driven my perfectionist mom nuts, and my ultra-frugal father to the workbench for the least expensive low tech solution.

6:19 PM  
Blogger JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Wow - big list. I'm glad they are taking such good care of you. Hope the next list is smaller.

6:41 PM  
Blogger Gerrie said...

Wow! I need T & J!!

7:26 PM  
Anonymous Tanya Brown said...

They sound like forces of great energy and efficiency! So glad some of the annoyances have been ushered away.

8:22 PM  
Blogger Featheronawire Sally Bramald said...

How wonderful, will they come to my house?

11:28 PM  
Blogger Del said...

Missing you! You haven't Blogged for 16 days.... I am beginning to worry that you are ill. Please enlighten your friends in Blogville. Love, Del

4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home