Sunday, May 27, 2007

Can't Find It

Now that my mind is off circles, I plan to finish up some UFOs. I’ve been searching around for this quilt which I started in the year 2000 (the photo is from 2001). I’ll be darned if I can find it. It has never been taken anywhere, that I can remember, because it isn’t finished.

It is called Synchronized Swimming in the Garden Pond. The fish are goldfish and Koi. The goldfish are smaller than the Koi. The quilt needs beading to liven it up. I’ve bought two books about beading on quilts, some blue beads, and those long, skinny needles. I want to put beads in the water and a beaded spout of water spewing from the frog’s mouth. I think I want to replace the existing frog with a more three-dimensional stuffed one. And, if I can figure out a way, plump up the fish. Perhaps stuffing them from the backside would work.

The boys in the picture (Victor and Spencer) are putting their feet on the quilt green-grass border where footprints and dog and cat prints are stenciled.
I am going to enlist Robert in the search party.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Dianne said...

Really neat quilt, Christine. And your plans for it sound just great. I sure hope it turns up!

3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home