Wednesday, June 13, 2007

It's Getting Hot

The temperature around here reached 100 degrees Fahrenheit today. My little “studio” was quite warm with the machine light, the side lights, the iron on, and the sun shining in the window. I was worried about spoiling this new little fellow with drops of sweat. (My father used to say “men perspire, horses sweat, and women glow,” but I was doing more than glowing.)

I’ve been studying men in my travels around and I’ve noticed that there are many of them with high foreheads. I decided that my little men needed to be representative of the population at large so this one has a new hairstyle. My father had a very high forehead but I never saw him in shorts. His idea of “casual” was to take off his tie and unbutton the top button of his starched white shirt. This fellow is named Davis, after my father.

Scroll on down to see more of my little men and women. I think I’m addicted to making them. I still want to make my DH and Kate’s date.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Tanya Brown said...

Good for you. My husband also has an, um, "high forehead", which he refers to as a "reverse mohawk". It's nice to see this particular hairstyle documented in fabric.

3:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEAT in your studio
ok I bought these incredible window roll ups... from the JP Penny catalogue that I saw as a commercial application at a clients. They are the old exterior sun screens but in a roll up blind. The temperature in my sun room/studio I kid you not dropped 10o immediately. I got the black but they come in silver as well.
INCREDIBLE>
Hugs Ruth in Oxnard

10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home