Saturday, June 23, 2007

Two New Girls

Now there are three girls. Blondberry and Alicia showed up today. I had two requests to make a little girl with “pigtails” and shorts. I took it under advisement and figured out how to do braids. I used black embroidery floss for Alicia’s braids. I came through the back of the fabric hair with nine strands of floss on each side. It wasn’t as hard as I thought it would be. I think she looks very cute.

To see all the little people click on the label below “paper pieced people.”

Where are the boys? I hear them in the background.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger QuiltingFitzy said...

Oh, VERY cute! I wish I could dress as smartly.

6:24 AM  
Blogger sophie said...

Christine, they are too cute! I love my little namesake and those braids on Alicia are adorable. Little boys next? This could become an endless project, you know ;-)

6:46 AM  
Blogger Vicky aka Stichr said...

Your people are making quite a statement...LOL

Love the hair idea, a person could even make then as colorful as some of the hair is today.

11:27 AM  
Blogger Dianne said...

Those are GREAT, Christine! Really love the braids...plaits down here.

What's next? A bald guy? An Afro? A Mohawk? Dreadlocks? Ringlets?...the possibilities are endless!

2:04 PM  
Blogger Christine Thresh said...

Dianne and all,

Thank you. I think my "high forehead guy" will stand in for the bald guys for now. One person said her husband called his high forehead hairdo a "reverse Mohawk." Dreadlocks could be fun. And, ringlets could be French knots. I've got to stop all this fun and get the pattern tested and done.

I expect people will be able to come up with creative variations on their own.

3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home