Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Framed

I’ve been busy quilting but I don’t have anything to show for it, except this.
This is Dorcas and her child made by my pattern tester Jan Howard. I framed them and sent them to New York today. They are going to the Quilt Bug store in Esperance. I think they might hang on the wall there.

It was easy to put together since I already had Dorcas and her child and a finished circle to use for a frame. I just sewed side strips and top and bottom strips on the little people blocks and put the frame over them. I used a simple running stich on the machine to put the circle on the background. Then I trimed off the extra edges. It probably took me less than two hours (that would be one hour for normal people, but I am the world’s slowest seamstress).
The other quilting projects can’t be shown because one is a surprise for someone, and the other is my Journal quilt. So I am covered with threads and scraps of fabric but cannot do much of a show and tell.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger AmyB said...

That's a great way to use your circles, Christine. So cute with the people.

7:11 PM  
Blogger QuiltingFitzy said...

Your floral circle is outstanding!

Gosh, there's one more thing I haven't done, your circles!

9:01 PM  
Blogger Tanya Brown said...

Your work is marvelous. I admire the way you "fussy cut" the flower motifs, so that Dorcas and her child have their own private garden. The flowers' colors tie in very nicely with the colors of Dorcas' polka dots.

I predict this sample will sell a good many patterns.

10:36 AM  
Blogger Vicky aka Stichr said...

What a great idea!!! I have GG and Megan still on my wall...I know I need to mail them, but I really love to look at them....

12:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home