Friday, December 21, 2007

Flashback Friday – Good Friend

I found this basket of apples on our landing. It was from my old friend Russell.
Russell and I worked together at the Levee District for 12 years. We were such a good team.
Russell was the Levee Superintendent and he knew every inch of the levee. He monitored it constantly. The whole island should be grateful for his work keeping it strong and building it up.

Most of my work was in the office, but we had some adventures together over the years. I remember levee patrols on dark and stormy nights. Scary.

One day we did a levee patrol by helicopter. The Sheriff’s Department was trying out their new air craft.
We went along for the ride.

It was so interesting to see our island from the sky.



Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger jpsam said...

Is the last photo a picture of your island? How cool to see your island from the sky. Islands seem magical. We have lived in Contra Costa County for 30 years and have never really explored the Delta. We need to do that.

Also, I have serious shed envy...

joan
PS Thanks for your kind comments about Winter Solstice I.

1:07 PM  
Blogger Sheri said...

Great pictures!Interesting to see your island from the air.
Sheri

6:58 AM  
Blogger meggie said...

What an interesting experience for you! I love flying, but have never been in a helicopter.

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home