Monday, December 22, 2008

Neighborly

Our little neighbor girl came over this morning and asked to borrow two eggs. She is a cute 10-year-old and is sent over here frequently by her mother to borrow things.

A few minutes ago there was a knock on the door. I muttered to myself, “She probably wants to borrow some flour now, and perhaps some sugar.” Grump, grump.

We opened the door and there she was with this lovely spice cake, warm out of the oven. “Merry Christmas” she said as she handed us the cake and a Christmas card.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

How neighborly - I think this is something that is going out of style - wish it would come back in. Perhaps it will be my job this coming year to start some "neighborlees" in my area.

9:34 PM  
Blogger Dorothy said...

Melted your "grump grump" grumpy heart, did she? Looks delish, and I bet with a little encouragement Robert could have himself a litle baker's assistant.

7:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christine with a grumpy heart?...Yeah, right

5:49 PM  
Blogger QuiltingFitzy said...

Stopping by, on this Christmas Eve, to wish you and Robert a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

xo

3:44 AM  
Blogger black bear cabin said...

Looks delicious...how sweet!
Merry Christmas!!!

1:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home