Sunday, June 28, 2009

Emma Bird


Isn’t she darling? This stuffed cloth bird was made by Terry Grant.

Emma arrived at my place yesterday and she is perching here and there trying to find a perfect spot in the house. Right now Emma is sitting by my computer and looking up at me with her bright blue eyes. Living here in California with me will be a climate adjustment for her. She hails from the foggy, rainy Northwest – Oregon, and we are expecting a sunny day today with temperatures predicted to reach 106 Fahrenheit.

Terry Grant is a very talented fiber artist and printmaker. She now has an Etsy store at: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=7583915
She had eight fabric birds up for sale on Etsy June 23. I was so pleased to find Emma.
Terry wrote about this bird on her blog on January 6, 2008. I fell in love with it that day.

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Terry Grant said...

I'm sure Emma will enjoy the sunshine and feel very much at home. (you and I being "hair twins" and all!) One of the things I especially love about this little bird is something I didn't notice until she was finished. The fabric on her breast has little birds printed on it! I had chosen it mostly for color and scale and hadn't paid close attention to the details.

10:41 AM  
Blogger Warty Mammal said...

Very clever!

12:17 PM  
Blogger Nellie's Needles said...

Emma will be a good mascot in your office/sewing room. I have Terry's Basil, the crow, perched in mine.
8-)

1:10 PM  
Blogger Denise said...

I am totally new to the world of quilting and blogging but I have been reading your blog for a couple weeks and love it. I sure wish I had found Terry's site sooner. My daughter is named Emma and she would have loved 'Emma Bird.' It is absolutely delightful! Enjoy her as much as I enjoy my Emma.

6:22 PM  
Blogger JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

What a charming little bird!!!!

6:52 PM  
Blogger meggie said...

Lovely cheery little bird. I am sure she wont mind the heat.

4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home