Friday, June 26, 2009

New art

I bet you don’t have one of these. I just purchased this piece from a young artist, Stephanie Davis. I call it “Baby Buggy.” It arrived today and I am thrilled to have it. I’ve been carrying it all over my house looking for the perfect spot to place it.

Baby Buggy is a ceramic work. The gold part is a cast doll head and the coppery round part is also ceramic. The wheels are metal and they do roll.

Stephanie just graduated from high school. I am sure she will be a famous artist someday.

I saw this piece on Vicky Davis’ Cat in the Batt blog and immediately fell for it.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

And when she is a famous artist you will have one of her original pieces - how nice for you - and for Steph.

8:04 PM  
Blogger Warty Mammal said...

Good for you! I was similarly infatuated with that piece. I'm glad it has a good home.

10:01 PM  
Blogger Vicky aka Stichr said...

And the top dome area that has the dolls head attached to it is the lid of the piece. And the screws are real screws, beastly heavy ones!

The assignment was to make a child's pull toy, and use the baby head mold the ceramics teacher had.

3:46 AM  
Blogger sophie said...

I'll bet Stephanie is just as thrilled to have sold the piece to you. Enjoy your "pull toy"/objet d'art.

8:27 AM  
Blogger Del said...

Good choice! As my younger friends might say "Way Cool" - guess just "Cool" wasn't enough. But you have inspired me to post a few of my newer acquistions that are not part of the TCQC.

2:22 PM  
Blogger meggie said...

How intriguing! Bright young beautiful girl!

4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home