Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Voting block

Yesterday, there was a special election for a new representative in the U.S. Congress. Our former representative, Ellen Tauscher, was appointed by President Obama to become an undersecretary of state.

Am I starting my block-a-days again? I don’t know, but I couldn’t resist making this one. You can make your own 4-inch Vote Block to pin on your jacket after the next election to let everyone know you voted. You can print out a foundation for the Vote Block by clicking on the small graphic below.

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Pam said...

What a lovely romantic story about meeting your husband! I met mine around 1964, too, though it wasn't love at first sight (I was 14). It didn't take long, though!

1:56 PM  
Blogger JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Neat block.

8:30 PM  
Blogger sewtakeahike said...

Very nice Christine! Thank-you for all the blocks you share, they are all so inspiring!

8:52 PM  
Blogger Meggie said...

Nice Voting block. I guess, after recent pecadilloes, we will be having some voting choices to make, also!

4:27 AM  
Blogger Vicky aka Stichr said...

So I have scrolled down to here, catching up, and I think this block is cool! [i found that if you trim the dark fabric a bit more than the light, provided it goes on after, then it doesn't show as much on the front.]

word veri- 'hambwiz'....that's me, a ham-B-wiz

4:46 PM  
Blogger Christine Thresh said...

Vicky,
The scanner casts a very bright light when scanning the blocks. In real life the block looks fine. If, when I remove the foundation paper, there is any show-through I will press the seams to the dark side.

8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home