Friday, October 16, 2009

Put a sock in it

Continuing with my shoe series, I decided to do a 4-inch paper pieced sandal block. But it is too darn cold to wear sandals now. I’ve been known to wear socks with sandals in the winter. I swear the sandal-sock combination keeps my feet warmer than wearing boots.

My favorite textile teacher, Lydia Van Gelder, was well known for wearing wild hand-knitted socks with sandals. I guess I am emulating her.

If you want to make a 4-inch paper pieced sandal block, click on the graphic below for two foundations to print out for your personal use. You can put a bare foot in your sandal and save it for next spring.

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Now that's my favorite of all so far. LOL I too wear sandals and socks - as of yet I don't have any hand knit stripey ones - but who knows - maybe soon.

8:14 AM  
Blogger Gerrie said...

Hey! Thats what we do in Portland = socks and Keen sandals.

8:43 AM  
Blogger Vicky aka Stichr said...

I had to laugh when I saw this...we have Pemco tv commercials here that have different NW 'themes' and one of them is the 'socks and sandals kind of guy'...Love it!!!

10:49 AM  
Blogger Meggie said...

Such a complicated little block!!Patience would be needed.

4:01 PM  
Blogger Christine Thresh said...

Meggie,
It is striped fabric, no piecing of the stripes. Plain skin fabric would be easy. Or a nice print would be easy.

5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home