Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Every girl needs...

… red cowgirl boots.

I had the hat, the holster, the gun, the vest, and the fringed skirt. I was sure I had boots, too. But looking at the old photo below, I guess I was wrong. I remember my boots. They must have come along later.

I remember the day they had to cut one boot off my foot. I was at Jody Gompertz' house swinging on a huge swing that went out over a precipice. For some inexplicable reason I let go and fell into the canyon. Jody’s father was a doctor and when they carried me up to the house he had to cut the boot down one side to get it off my swollen foot.

If you need boots, you can make some 4-inch paper pieced ones. Click on the small graphic below and you will find foundations for making some. You can print out the foundations for your own personal use.

These boots are so much easier to make than the high heel shoes (and they are more comfortable). I posted this free pattern, called Baby Boots, on my patterns site back in 2000.

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Del said...

You probably let go because you were a daredevil(ess) even back then! Love all the footwear! Del

3:59 PM  
Blogger Warty Mammal said...

You and your bra pattern are famous. See the comments section of this post:

http://marklipinskisblog.wordpress.com/2009/09/27/why/

4:18 PM  
Blogger JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Awww so sad about losing the one boot in the accident. I have that same red fabric - but I've never had boots.

5:02 PM  
Blogger Collagemama said...

I want spurs that jingle jangle jingle!

5:12 PM  
Blogger Meggie said...

You made me recall the cowgirl outfit I had as a child! My brother was Davey Crockett, & was disgusted because his hat was fake fur!
I dislike red, but I did have some wine red boots that were favourite footwear when I was around 30-something!

2:24 PM  
Blogger Deborah said...

oh, this takes me back! I had a cowgirl outfit, too, that I really loved. I don't think I had boots but I did have cap pistols. Thank you for your nice comment on my blog post about my daughter.

7:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home