Sunday, December 12, 2010

I'd like to be . . .

My neighbor gave me a Christmas card with a Currier and Ives print on the cover. She wrote inside, “The house in this picture looks like the one where my mom grew up in Illinois in the horse and buggy days.”
The card made me think about where I grew up. There were snow days in Slingerlands, New York but no horses and buggies when I was a child there.

My family moved to Orinda, California and I lived in this house until I got married.

Robert and I bought our first house, a Victorian, in Santa Rosa and restored it. We raised our kids there.
We built our house on the Island in 1983 and I’ve been here ever since.

Looking over the photos, I really can say I love being exactly where I am today.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Gerrie said...

I love your house - very unique. So you are from upstate NY, too!

7:37 PM  
Blogger JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

You've come a long ways baby. Wonderful houses,every one.

11:41 AM  
Blogger Del said...

Thanks for the memories! Seeing your houses brought memories of the houses and apartments I have lived in. It is hard for me to believe that I have lived in this house for twenty-four years - longer than any other place. I love the looks of your island home.

12:59 PM  
Blogger Meggie said...

What a lovely post! Lovely pics of your Homes! It is so hard to feel at "home" sometimes.

2:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home