Saturday, March 24, 2012

Gone but not forgotten

 The five Featherweights are heading for their new home in a north coast state. A mother-daughter quilting team wanted to take the machines under their wings. (See March 21st post.) An intricate traveling schedule involving grandsons, sons, and a sister going on vacation facilitated their journey.

I won’t forget the machines because I’m quilting a Featherweight wallhanging to put up in my sewing room. It has been a PhD (Project half done) and now it will soon be finished. It's being quilted on one of the Featherweight's big sisters -- a Singer 301.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

I'm so happy that you found a lovely home for your Featherweights!! The wall hanging is a lovely remembrance.

7:25 AM  
Blogger Del said...

Congrats on finding a new home for your featherweights. The pattern is great - I have a friend that loves her featherweight, maybe she needs a little wall quilt. I'll get back to you about the pattern. Love, Del-on-the-Road

11:06 PM  
Blogger Terry Grant said...

There was a time I wanted a featherweight so badly, but could not afford the then very inflated price. I found one for very cheap--a white one--in the Virgin Islands and carried it home. It needs work that I have never had done. Why were they so popular for awhile?? I think I should get mine running and then sell it I think. Did you get a good price for yours?

11:26 PM  
Blogger Meggie said...

Glad you will have this in memory of the lovely Featherweights.

1:48 AM  
Blogger Judy in Ohio said...

Congratulations on selling your collection intact. I have a hunch that the new owners are going to cherish the machines just as much as you did.

8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home