Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Ready for a new home

 Not me! I’m staying here. I have five (5) Singer Featherweight sewing machines. That’s five too many for one person. I sew on my trusty Singer 301s.

I posted on Yahoo’s Featherweight Group:
“I have a batch (5) of Five Featherweight sewing machines, including a white one. My husband and I bought them over the years. We joked about them being for our retirement. Well, he died a year and a half ago and I am running out of money to pay my taxes. So, I’d like to sell the batch as a bunch.
I don’t want to pack them individually. I live in the California Delta which is 60 miles east of San Francisco.
The machines were all running when I put them away in a closet. I think Featherweights are going for around $250 nowadays, so I’d like to sell the batch for $1,250 as are, where are."

I’ve had e-mail inquiries asking “Where will you ship them?” “Can I pick up one and take it to a sewing machine shop to be checked out?” “What are the serial numbers?” “Please send pictures.”

I don’t want to ship them. But I did take some photos and turned the machines upside down to find their numbers.





The serial numbers (starting at the bottom step) are:
AL193324
AM175588
AF484822
EV006700
AF077172
Even though these are “featherweight” it was a big job for me to haul them out and set them up for their photo session today. I sure hope someone in the Bay Area wants a flock of Featherweights.

Labels: , , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger sophie said...

If you don't find a single buyer for all of them, I'd love to buy the white one ... I always wanted one of those ;-)

4:32 PM  
Blogger Collagemama said...

They are beautiful and bring back good memories. I hope you can sell them on your terms!

5:01 PM  
Blogger black bear cabin said...

im sad to hear you have to sell them, and also sad that your taxes are too expensive :( i sure hope you find a buyer for your machines...its a lovely collection!

9:35 AM  
Blogger Meggie said...

I hope you find a buyer, they are so wonderful, and mostly very much in demand.
I have been trying to 'downsize' a lot of my 'stuff' but I have had little joy, or luck. I wish you the best Luck in the world Christine!XX

3:24 AM  
Anonymous Tanya Brown said...

My goodness! Someone is going to get quite a lot of treasure.

9:20 PM  
Blogger Tanya said...

I bet it was a job to get all those sewing machines displayed like that! They are beauties. And they look so nice on your stairway! You could stop using the stairs and leave them there... Interior decorating!

8:19 PM  
Blogger Misha said...

I see you found a home for the FWs. I only heard about them today...and for a few minutes I was cooking up a plan on how to pick them up, LOL! I thought it was serendipity that the asking price was equal to the bonus I had burning a hole in my pocket ;)

6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home