Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Bamboo walk

Today, I noticed a small bamboo clump at the other end of the lane while we were out walking.
I knew I had some bamboo print fabric at home, so the choice for today’s block was easy. The main fabric is by Robert Kaufman from the series “Portraits of the Wild” (print D#4235). It’s not a new fabric. That’s why I enjoy shopping from my stash. I buy fabric I love when I see it even if I don’t have any immediate plans for using it.

We picked a leaf and I found a green print in my stash that matched the color. Plain brown was a good background for the paper pieced leaf.
If you would like to make a 4-inch Bamboo Walk block (and you happen to have suitable bamboo fabric in your stash) click on the small diagram below and it will take you to a foundation to print out.
I think I’ll wander over to the bridge construction project tomorrow and see what’s going on. I hear the sound of pile driving today. I suppose I can design a pile driver block or something for the next one.

Labels: , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger meggie said...

This is a fun project. I only have bamboo leaf print fabric. I must begin to look for my close dailies.

1:29 AM  
Blogger JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Wonderful block - your imagination is great. I have some bricks fabric and some stone - maybe those would be good in the construction block.

9:29 AM  
Blogger Elaine Adair said...

Congrats on your resolve.

The bamboo piece with the green peeking out is PERFECT!

3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home