Tuesday, July 14, 2009

It was a two Popsicle day

I knew it was going to be hot today. I wondered what quilt block I could make to represent heat. I thought of doing a sun, but I was not inspired.

While checking out a few of my favorite blogs on the web, I came across a perfect hot weather block at Sophie Junction in her post titled Popsicle Quilt Blocks. The best news was that it was a free block from Quiltmaker for a Project Linus quilt called Lotsa Pops.


I reduced their 6-inch block to a 4-inch paper piecing foundation for my personal use. The popsicles looked like Creamsicles to me. I used to love those frozen treats with ice cream inside. I could not decide whether to make my all time favorite – orange, or my second place choice – raspberry. I had the perfect fabrics for both of them in my stash. Naturally, I made two. I can save one of them for National Creamsicle Day on August 14.

Click on the small diagram below and you will go to a PDF from Quiltmaker to print out your own pattern.

Labels: , , , , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger pulguitaatodogas said...

Bonitos trabajos.
http://pulguitaatodogas.blogspot.com/

4:13 PM  
Blogger sophie said...

I'll have a raspberry popsicle, please. They look yummy!

5:10 PM  
Blogger jpsam said...

I am so tempted to make these blocks. They are wonderful. And then I remember that I have a set of 4" blocks that need to get made into a quilt. I am hopeless!
joan

6:14 PM  
Blogger black bear cabin said...

how cute...thanks for sharing the link! in the meantime, get yourself some real ones....100 degrees is wayyyyy tooooooo damn HOT!

6:51 AM  
Blogger Paula, the quilter said...

You have really jump started your sewing! I like the block-a-day thing you have going.

8:07 AM  
Blogger JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Cute - just the thing for a hot day - they look so refreshing.

8:09 AM  
Blogger Meggie said...

They do look appetising!

3:29 PM  
Blogger Jeanne Turner McBrayer said...

I like these---I can remember running after the ice cream truck as a kid. Toughest choice...creamsicle or fudgesicle! Thanks for all the great block patterns you have been offering.

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home