Sunday, July 19, 2009

Back to the 50s

Here on our island you can always drive your Chevy to the levee.

This weekend, the island held its 22nd annual 50’s Bash. There were lots of old cars displayed around town. I tried to think of things typical of the 50’s for my block today. I finally decided on pedal pushers (nowadays known by other names). The perfect colors were Chevy blue with a bubblegum pink background.
The island always seems to be a town set back in time. The illusion was enhanced by the old cars parked on the main street.
There was a dog show too. The critters were awarded prizes in categories such as “the tallest dog’ and “the dog with the best tail.” There were many winners. I don’t think a single dog went home without a prize.
If you are thinking about the 50’s, you can make a 4-inch Pedal Pusher paper pieced block by clicking on the small graphic below. It will take you to foundations to print out for your own block. The block is a smaller and rougher version of one of the wardrobe pieces in my Kate & Friends pattern.

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Now that's the perfect block.

10:11 AM  
Blogger Vicky aka Stichr said...

Now I am all caught up on your blocks. Been a busy week for me....and you! I love the pedal pushers, I think it's the colors....the shower is perfect! would work for a sprinker over a flower pot too. or birdbath. We are having hot days this week, in the 90's, rare rare rare for us around the Puget Sound!!! Thats what has me thinking of other things to water besides myself.

1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home