Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Last Friday, we were going to drive up River Road

We were going to drive along the Sacramento River up to the foothills for our annual family barbecue. I love River Road.
Well, we didn’t go. I went to the hospital for tests Friday and Saturday. I’m home again and everything seems fine. I am back making a block a day. I have two blocks for today. The first one is called “Up River Road.”

I missed the drive back down River Road to home, too.

Thus, I made another block to commemorate the round trip we didn’t take. It is called, naturally, “Down River Road.” You only have to switch the blue water to the other side. Pretty simple.
If you would like to make a 4-inch paper pieced river road block, or two of them for the whole trip, click on the small graphic below and you will find a page with foundations to print out for your personal use.


I have to make up for my missing blocks so I can complete the month of July. I’m not too inspired by making hospital blocks so I might try something more cheerful.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Oh dear - the hospital - hope all is well. I like that road too - I miss my California. I guess I'll always be a CA "girl". I love being here near the grandsons but some days I almost cry for my California.

8:04 PM  
Blogger Warty Mammal said...

Glad to hear all is well.

I don't know if I've been on your specific river road, but I've driven through the delta and parts of it are lovely.

10:15 PM  
Blogger Vicky aka Stichr said...

This is so perfect...going and coming. Sorry you missed the BBQ and the trees and the scent of trees and...and...oh and family....LOL

11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home