Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Wake up call

We don’t need to set our alarm clock anymore. We get a personal wake up call.
Our new neighbor, C.C. Myers, starts pile driving at precisely 7:01 a.m. -- bang, bang, bang. The construction of the new Bethel Island bridge is scheduled to go on for 19 more months. We do need a new bridge and I don’t suppose they will be driving piles for the entire project period.

I knew right away when my eyes opened that I would make an alarm clock block for today.

If the numbers seem a little wonky, that’s because my early morning eyes saw them that way.

That really isn’t true; I am just learning to do the satin stitch on my Janome Jem. I have lots of practicing to do before I can sew nice straight lines and join up corners. It is good to learn new skills.
You can make a 4-inch paper pieced alarm clock block by clicking on the small graphic below. It will lead you to a foundation to print out for you own personal use. There is a guide for the numbers, too. I am sure your numbers will be much better than mine.

Labels: , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger SandyQuilts said...

Christine I can't tell you how much I have enjoyed reading your blog lately. Love love love the little PP projects .... they are too cute. Thanks.

6:39 AM  
Blogger JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Nice alarm clock - not such a nice wake up time unless you are a morning person. I love the sound of a pile driver - though not sure I'd like it every day.

7:05 AM  
Blogger Collagemama said...

You could do a whole quilt of appliances after a power failure, blinking 00:00! 00:00!

4:47 PM  
Blogger meg said...

I too am enjoying your Block a Day series.
I would HATE to be woken to the sound of pile driving, but knowing what it was, would certainly help.
Unknown noises drive me nuts!

2:04 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Just happened upon your blog today and wanted to say - in spite of the fact that you were awakened at such an early hour - I'm very happy to hear that CC Meyers is still at work. . .

His company has completed some very challenging projects, all ahead of schedule, in Northern California. That should be good news for you and your neighbors, hearing that you're living with pile driving in your neighborhood.

Most recently he has been in the news - with reports of his bankruptcy due to the failed golf resort near Auburn that he was building. I've wondered if he had thrown in the towel. . . and I'm happy to hear that he is still doing good and keeping folks employed.

That is good news for CC Meyers, his staff and California. . .

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home