Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I missed the trees, too

I enjoy the tall pine trees and the scent of the woods when we visit Nevada County, California for our annual family barbecue in July.

I’ve had an idea for a "tree trunks" block in the back of my mind, so I made it today.

Even though we missed the trees and all the fun this year, I will have this little block to remind me of 20 years of family barbecues. I was lucky enough to have a little bit of Frieda Anderson’s hand dyed Blackened Multi-Stripe fabric left over from another project. I hoped to capture the feeling of the sun on the ground and the tree trunks stretching up to the blue sky.
If you have some fabric that shades from one color to another you might want to experiment with this block. I have only little scraps left over from my Anderson fabric.
You can make a 4-inch paper pieced trees block by clicking on the small graphic below. It will lead you to foundations to print out for you own personal use.

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

You captured the sun through the trees perfectly - a delightful block.

8:23 PM  
Blogger Meggie said...

I love seeing these blocks! So clever, you are.

3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home