Sunday, September 20, 2009

Reading material

Books, books, books – we have too many, but this weekend I made three more. We have books piled up in corners. I love books. We even owned a bookstore a long time ago.

These are small 4-inch fabric blocks so they don’t take up much room.



This project started when Joan Samuelson sent me a little sketch for a possible paper pieced block for my ongoing block-a-day series.


Her sketch looked easy enough, but it wasn’t. I tried all sorts of maneuvers to make a single foundation for piecing a little book. Finally, I came up with a two-foundation block that calls for some gluing.

If you have some fabric with words printed on it you can use it for the spines of your books. I printed some words on fabric to use for my blocks.



Here is the two part foundation for a paper pieced small book. Click on the graphic to print it out for your own personal use.

Here is a picture of the gluing:


Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger jpsam said...

This is great! I can't wait to make some. Thanks, Christine.
joan

10:16 PM  
Blogger JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

That's so clever - would look great in a book shelf quilt.

10:23 AM  
Blogger Deborah said...

Thank you for sharing! As a former librarian (who still very much misses being a librarian) I particularly like this pattern. I've just discovered your blog and am enjoying it.

9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home