Sunday, September 13, 2009

Take it easy

Sometimes it’s best to just sit back and read and take it easy. This weekend was stormy with thunder and lightning so it was good to be indoors curled up in a comfortable chair.

I finished reading Silks by Dick Francis and really enjoyed it. I’ve been reading Dick Francis novels ever since my mother-in-law, Madeline, introduced me to the writer sometime back in the 1970s. I have absolutely no interest in horse racing and have only been to one race in 1966 at Golden Gate Fields. However, I feel I am practically a racing expert because I’ve read so many Francis books.

If you would like to make a 4-inch paper pieced Easy Chair block, click on the small graphic below and you will find a three part foundation pattern for constructing the block. You can print it out for your own personal use.

Labels: , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

That looks like the chair I sit in to do hand stitching - and reading.

10:03 AM  
Blogger black bear cabin said...

What a cozy looking chair! We had a chilly weekend too...but i wonder if we'll get your rain now? Ive never read any Dick Francis books, but we sure sold a lot of them when i worked in a bookstore! Maybe ill have to put him on my ever expanding "to read" list :)

11:40 AM  
Blogger Meggie said...

That chair is wonderful! It does look so cosy, just the sort to curl up & enjoy reading a good book.
I have never read Dick Francis either!

12:14 PM  
Blogger Vicky aka Stichr said...

The Perfect Chair! I love this pattern!

I haven't read Dick Francis either, but my mom has, does that count?

10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home