Thursday, April 05, 2012

Fiber fondling




I’ve been working on a reprint edition of my old spinning booklet, Spinning with a Drop Spindle. It will be the 40th anniversary of its original publication in 1972. I can hardly believe it has been such a long time. I dug out some old spinning projects. My grandson, Victor, took some photos for me. I think they look better today in his photos than they do in real life. The bottom photo is one of mine from an old dyeing book.

I also found an old manuscript called “The Knitters’ Weaving Book.” After I’ve re-published the spinning booklet, I’ll see what I can do with it. Years ago, when I submitted it to a publisher I was told there was no interest in such a limited subject. However, there has been a resurgence of knitting and yarn spinning.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger sophie said...

How fntastic that you're re-printing and picking up that old manuscript. I think that you're right and there will definitely be an audience for it now.

5:27 PM  
Blogger Tanya said...

The sunset vest is gorgeous! I do hope your manuscript gets published.

8:17 PM  
Blogger JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Wonderful - and I hope it sells well. All your projects are so interesting.

5:19 PM  
Anonymous sxm201202 said...

Darren McFadden Jersey, Doug Martin Jersey, Andrew Luck Jersey, Eli Manning Jersey, Drew Brees Jersey, Darren Mcfadden Jersey, J.J. Watt Jersey, Von Miller Jersey, Robert Griffin III Jersey, Russell Wilson Jersey, Doug Martin Jersey, Von Miller Jersey, Dan Marino Jersey, Demarcus Ware Jersey, Robert Griffin III Jersey, Julio Jones Jersey, Victor Cruz jersey, Clay Matthews Jersey, JJ Watt Jersey, Emmitt Smith Jersey

11:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home