Thursday, April 05, 2012

Fiber fondling




I’ve been working on a reprint edition of my old spinning booklet, Spinning with a Drop Spindle. It will be the 40th anniversary of its original publication in 1972. I can hardly believe it has been such a long time. I dug out some old spinning projects. My grandson, Victor, took some photos for me. I think they look better today in his photos than they do in real life. The bottom photo is one of mine from an old dyeing book.

I also found an old manuscript called “The Knitters’ Weaving Book.” After I’ve re-published the spinning booklet, I’ll see what I can do with it. Years ago, when I submitted it to a publisher I was told there was no interest in such a limited subject. However, there has been a resurgence of knitting and yarn spinning.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger sophie said...

How fntastic that you're re-printing and picking up that old manuscript. I think that you're right and there will definitely be an audience for it now.

5:27 PM  
Blogger Tanya said...

The sunset vest is gorgeous! I do hope your manuscript gets published.

8:17 PM  
Blogger JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Wonderful - and I hope it sells well. All your projects are so interesting.

5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home